When I shared the baked chicken recipe, I received so many requests to share some vegan recipe that cab ve cooked in wine too.
- 6 medium pears.
- 3 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger root, freshly grated.
- 1 cup of red wine.
- Peel the pears, leaving their stems attached.
- Place stem side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold the pears upright.
- Combine the honey and grated ginger, then drizzle over the pears.
- Pour half of the wine over the pears.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45-50 minutes or until the pears are soft, basting frequently with the remaining wine.
- Remove foil and allow the pears to cool in the pan.
- Serve with juice in pan poured over each pear.